Administrative Communications & PR Coordinator - Visit Santa Barbara
Visit Santa Barbara is an organization providing a comprehensive visitor’s guide to Santa Barbara, CA.
Reporting to the Communications Director, the Communications & Public Relations Coordinator will provide administrative and program support to the Communications Department by implementing public relations and communications programs and initiatives.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Record Keeping:
- Monitor press clips database and tracks clips;
- Assist with tracking and updating media and PR contacts and activities in CRM and Cision databases;
- Assemble and distribute press kits;
- Responsible for media passes and amenities for visiting journalists and influencers, to include:
- Tracking, assembling and distributing media passes and amenities;
- Assist with monitoring and replenishing inventory.
- Media assets distribution/management to include:
- Maintaining the media gallery of photos and b-roll;
- Respond to media requests for photos and b-roll.
- Compile PR clip reports monthly, as needed;
- Create layout for the monthly Marketing Spotlight report;
- Create layout of other Communications Department collateral pieces and presentations as needed and assist with content, as needed.
- Assist with planning itineraries and booking reservations for visiting media, working with Visit Santa Barbara members and industry partners;
- Research and prepare story ideas and pitches, as needed.
- Press releases:
- Assist with researching and compiling content for press releases, as needed;
- Handle layout and printing, as needed.
- Manage PR magazine library and other subscriptions;
- Assist with responding to media requests for information and fact-checking, as needed;
- Administrative Support:
- Serve as back-up support for receptionist, answering incoming calls and emails and responding to visitor and client inquiries via phone;
- Assist with maintenance of mailroom, kitchen and amenity room, as needed;
- Assist with mail distribution and coordinate courier service schedule, as needed;
- Other duties/projects, as assigned by Communications Department.
- Assist with tracking and reporting public relations activities and results;
- Assist with tracking and reporting expense data for Communications Department.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products, database programs and internet;
- Strong administrative, data entry and organizational skills, with excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Strong time management skills with ability to prioritize tasks, while performing effectively in fast-paced environment;
- Self-starter with ability to own tasks and drive them through to completion, take initiative and proactively support needs of the Communications Department;
- Team player with positive, cooperative attitude who communicates with respect, consideration and discretion both within the office and externally;
- Familiarity with Santa Barbara South Coast attractions, restaurants and places of interest;
- Strong editing, fact-checking and basic research skills;
- Writing and basic public relations skills desirable;
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Must have use of vehicle for use while on company business;
- Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends, if needed;
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds in transporting equipment and materials;
- Must have valid California Driver’s License and auto insurance.\
8:00AM – 5:00PM Monday through Friday
$17.00 - $19.50 per hour, DOE; health insurance @ 100% coverage for employee; paid sick and vacation time; 401k with 3% annual employer match