Administrative Public Relations Coordinator - Visit Santa Barbara
Visit Santa Barbara is a non-profit destination and marketing organization that inspires overnight travel to the Santa Barbara South Coast, in order to enhance the community’s economy and quality of life.
Reporting to the Director of Public Relations, the Public Relations Coordinator will provide administrative and program support to the Communications Department. Data entry and administrative duties are the primary focus of this position.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Data Entry / Recordkeeping:
- Monitor press clips database and track clips;
- Assist with tracking and updating media and PR contacts and activities in CRM and Cision databases;
- Assemble and distribute press kits;
- Responsible for media passes and amenities for visiting journalists and influencers to include:
- Tracking, assembling and distributing media passes and amenities;
- Assist with monitoring and replenishing inventory;
- Media assets distribution/management to include:
- Maintaining the media gallery of photos and b-roll;
- Respond to media requests for photos and b-roll;
- Compile PR clip reports monthly and as needed;
- Manage PR magazine library and other subscriptions.
- Assist with planning itineraries and booking reservations for visiting media, working with Visit Santa Barbara members and industry partners;
- Research and prepare story ideas and pitches, as needed;
- Press releases:
- Assist with researching and compiling content for press releases, as needed;
- Handle layout and printing, as needed;
- Assist with responding to media requests for information and fact-checking, as needed;
- Other duties/projects, as assigned by the Public Relations Department.
- Administrative Support :
- Serve as back-up support for receptionist, answering incoming calls and emails and responding to visitor and client inquiries via phone;
- Assist with maintenance of mail room, kitchen and amenity room, as needed;
- Assist with mail distribution and coordinate courier service schedule, as needed.
- Assist with tracking and reporting public relations activities and results;
- Assist with tracking and reporting expense data for PR Department.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products, database programs and internet;
- Strong administrative, data entry and organizational skills, with excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Strong time management skills with ability to prioritize tasks, while performing effectively in fast-paced environment;
- Self-starter with ability to own tasks and drive them through to completion, take initiative and proactively support needs of the PR Department;
- Team player with positive, cooperative attitude who communicates with respect, consideration and discretion both within the office and externally;
- Familiarity with Santa Barbara South Coast attractions, restaurants and places of interest;
- Strong editing, fact-checking and basic research skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Writing and basic public relations skills desirable;
- Must have use of vehicle for use while on company business;
- Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends, if needed;
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds in transporting equipment and materials;
- Must have valid California Driver’s License and auto insurance.
This position does NOT include:
- Senior-level public relations;
- Development of social media, marketing, or advertising campaigns.
8:00AM – 5:00PM Monday through Friday
$17.00 - $19.50 per hour, DOE; health insurance @ 100% coverage for employee; paid sick and vacation time; 401k with 3% annual employer match.