Executive Director - Non-Profit Counseling Agency
Eden Counseling is a non-profit family counseling agency, providing family therapy, family crisis intervention, case management and shelter home services for youth and families in Alameda County, in conjunction with the Alameda County Probation Department. Eden Counseling also provides counselors on school sites within the Castro Valley Unified School District.
Under the direction and guidance of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be responsible for managing the overall administration and operations of the agency, including human resources, financial management, fundraising, public relations and program development.
This position is partially funded by Alameda County Probation Department, Delinquency Prevention Network, RFP 90499.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- The primary responsibility of the ED is maintaining the clinical purpose and effectiveness of the agency;
- Engage in fundraising, grant writing and development of additional programs and resources in support of the agency’s mission and operational standards;
- Secure and manage contracts with the Alameda County Probation Department and other funders, as well as monitor and ensure that contract objectives and goals are met accordingly;
- Recruit, on-board, mentor, manage, terminate (when necessary) and work collaboratively with agency staff; act as onsite human resources manager; maintain a sound working environment in an effort to retain and attract the highest quality staff;
- Maintain financial integrity of the agency, including preparation of the annual budget; monthly and quarterly financial statements;
- Provide required information for auditors and complete end of year 1099 forms and other tax-related and agency corporation documentation;
- Maintain and renew insurance policies and business licenses;
- Provide oversight for paying all agency expenses and designating billing categories;
- Manage temporary 24/7 shelter home for adolescents including maintaining facility, managing staff, compliance with Community Care Licensing requirements, compliance with Probation contract requirements, maintaining relationships with agencies coordinating with the shelter home to provide counseling services to the youth arriving at the shelter home and their families;
- Supervise Licensed Therapists as well as Associates working toward BBS hours and licensure (or provide such supervision to staff);
- Provide oversight for agency facility maintenance;
- Advance agency’s visibility in the community and work closely with other community agencies and large organizations in this regard;
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the agency’s area of focus;
- Ensure that the Board of Directors is kept fully informed on all aspects of the agency and important factors influencing it.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in a related discipline, preferred;
- At least 3 years of managerial experience that includes oversight and financial management of counseling-related programs and staff;
- Proficient financial oversight management skills, including budget preparation and management, tax and audit knowledge and acumen, billing / invoicing related to budget and program management;
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills, together with diplomatic collaboration, relationship management, and leadership skills;
- Demonstrated effective grant writing, fundraising and donor relations experience;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel;
- Experience in non-profit management, preferred;
- Preferred but not required, licensed clinician (LMFT, LCSW, or LPCC, PH.D.);
- Understanding of systemic perspectives related to family therapy practice;
- QuickBooks experience, preferred;
- Knowledge of Community Care Group Home Licensing requirements, preferred
$85K base, DOE, exempt status
- 30 working hours per week;
- aid health (medical, dental, vision) benefits (stipend of up to $600 / month toward health premiums after 1st month of employment);
- 401k with an annual company 4% match, eligibility of which is after 1 year of full-time employment;
- Flexible Spending Account;
- Paid sick and vacation time on an accrued annual basis.
Castro Valley, CA