Production Technician - Energy Company
Santa Maria Energy, LLC, is an independent, private energy company committed to the responsible exploration and development of natural resources in Santa Barbara CO, CA and headquartered in Santa Maria, CA. All of the company’s assets are located onshore
The company’s focus has been on oil-bearing Diatomite, with production being generated through cyclic steaming and has proven to be an economical and environmentally acceptable method of production. Inspired by the Monterey Formation, which is the most prolific oil shale in the world and located on the CA Central Coast, the Monterey Formation has produced billions of barrels of oil since the 19th century and industry consensus indicates that the Monterey will continue to produce additional significant onshore oil, as newer and more sophisticated exploration, development and production technologies are applied.
The Production Technician is responsible for the monitoring and optimization of all production process variables, while ensuring that all production equipment is operating at peak reliability and efficiency and acquiring and storing data.
- Ability to operate, trouble shoot, repair and maintain oil and gas production equipment;
- Conduct well/site surveillance; report equipment status, perform minor maintenance, including maintenance on pumping units;
- Coordinate with supervisor/specialist regarding well performance;
- Document and report major maintenance & safety requirements;
- Operate and maintain production/processing facilities;
- Participate in shift change meeting at beginning/ end of shift;
- Maintain field vehicles and equipment as a matter of routine;
- Enter and maintain required production and injection data;
- Coordinate with EH&S staff; assist in program implementation;
- Oversee the monitoring and operation of facilities and interaction with SCADA system;
- Sample and analyze production fluids at wells and facilities;
- Other tasks as assigned.
- No experience is necessary and will provide training; at least 1 year of related experience in oil / gas production is highly desirable;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with limited supervision, following training period;
- Holder of valid California driver’s license, with clean driving record;
- Ability and willingness to work on-call shifts, night, weekends, holidays and overtime, when required;
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds while balancing, walking, stooping and handling materials and equipment;
- Ability to listen and implement instructions efficiently and safely at all times;
- Possess proficient oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work inside and outside year-round.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of co-workers, contractors, internal and external customers;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products and ability to learn new software applications;
- Familiarity with electronic instrumentation;
- Position would suit someone with an oil/gas, electrical, welding, construction, or heavy equipment operator background.
The position incorporates an industry-standard rotating, alternative work week, which includes nights, weekends, public holidays and overtime and equates to working 7 out of every 14 days.
Compensation / Benefits:
$22.00 per hour and upward, DOE; excellent benefits package; paid vacation and sick time.